Skip to main content

Random-ness

Hey, all!!!

So I dropped off the face of the blog-world for a few days, but it's OK because none of you seem to have noticed. ;) And now I'm back! With nothing much to say or whatever, so here's for some totally random bits of my ordinary life.

First of all, I'll say that I'm working on a "deeper" post that I'll try to finish and post tomorrow. But I'm not making promises. Because my plans don't always work out!

My grandparents (mom's parents) were here for a couple days this weekend. We enjoyed hanging out with them--they were a welcome bright spot in our cold, rainy week!! Yep, it's just about rained for almost 3 days straight. :P I know we need rain, but does it all have to come at once? And why does it have to get cold when it rains? I like hot and rainy much better...
But, this particular time it didn't bother us a whole lot because we just hung around watching videos of Hawai'i that my grandparents brought with them (they were just in Hawai'i a little over a week ago), a video on Niagara Falls that we got when we were there last year, the Gaither Vocal Band Reunion DVDs (both of them), part of the George Younce tribute video, and the Rocky Mountain Homecoming. :D Lots of great music and awesome scenery, we were happily entertained.
Oh, and of course we were also reading. Mom and Dad brought out the R.M. Ballantyne books, which none of us have read and which the boys didn't know we had until yesterday. So we were all thoroughly engrossed in our books for a while yesterday afternoon. Mr. Ballantyne was an incredibly gifted writer! His ability to paint a word picture is amazing to me. I'm reading "The Dog Crusoe: A Tale of the Western Plains", and it is great.

Hmmm, let's see, what else? Did y'all notice that I've changed my background, etc. again? :D TheCutestBlogontheBlock.com is back up and they just have SOOOO many cute things to choose from, I'm sure I'll be changing my background about every month. I like the variety/change anyway. :D

It's only 20 more days until the Gaither Homecoming crew comes to Ft. Worth, and Mom and I are going to see them Friday night, April 3rd. I am SOO excited about seeing EH&SS again, and the new GVB (complete with Mark Lowry! I checked, all 5 members should be there), and some of the other artists. Jeff & Sheri Easter, Ivan Parker, The Isaacs, The Hoppers, Lynda Randle....they're all supposed to be there, and others, too!! It's going to be awesome. And THEN, on Sunday night, April 5th, Mom, Jonathan, a friend of mine from the EH&SS MB, and I are going to see EH&SS at a solo concert in Richardson. I'm thinking that weekend is going to be fun with a capital F-U-N!!! :D Oh, and Jonathan is so cute and excited about it...Mom surprised him with the tickets the other night, and he got all excited and started asking, "when? when?" She told him the date, and he came over to me and asked, "Can I have a sticker to put on my calendar on April the 5th?!" Of course he got a sticker! I figure that after the concert, I'll have a picture of him and Tim Duncan to post... :D

I spent a good part of Wednesday afternoon re-recording and re-mixing a new demo of mine and Raluca's newest song, "Love Did". Apparently, the first time I recorded it I was off-key in a couple places. :D (Raluca has perfect pitch, so she keeps me on track) BTW, if you're interested, Raluca and I have started a new blog about our songs, etc., wherever God leads us next on this adventure that we think is so exciting. We don't want to forget any of it, and I think that people can be blessed by hearing how God is working in our lives, so we're "journaling" it--for us and for anyone who wants to read it. :D You can also listen to clips of our songs on there. It's at http://www.agod-thing.blogspot.com/.

Well, that's all I can think of (and probably more than you cared to know), so I'll sign off now. We're going to watch a surprise movie tonight when the boys get done taking their Saturday night showers. My parents are great about little things like this...well, actually, my parents are just great. Period. :D Love y'all! *hugs*

Hope y'all all have a great Saturday night and may your Sunday be richly blessed!

Comments

Kelly Ranae said…
I've noticed your blog is less proficient lately, but then, look at mine! I eagerly check my e-mail each day to see if Haley has blogged, but I usually end up reading it in the e-mail and don't make it over here to your blog. Sorry!

I really like the new look. I'm glad CBOTB is back up, now I can go dress up my blog :)

I love you! Have a blessed week...

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha