Skip to main content

quick update (with an edit!)...

OK, I so wanted to blog about Chicago and get pictures sorted and posted *before* we left on the "puppet tour", but it's not going to happen. :) So--Chicago was awesome, and I'll post details and pictures sometime after I get back home on Tuesday! :) I did post pictures and a video of meeting/singing with Raluca (my Romanian friend with whom I write songs) on our "This HAS to be God!" blog, if you want to see: http://agod-thing.blogspot.com/

The next couple of days are going to be spent with about 17 of my favorite people outside my family--the Bruce family and the Peculiar Party Ministry Team. We are going to have SOOO much fun! :) We're headed to Shamrock, Tx to do "The Love Show". If you're within driving distance, we'd love to see you there! Shamrock, Texas; Community Center; 7 pm. :) *edit: that's Sunday night, by the way, July 12th. Sorry, forgot to say that! :P *

I'm not even taking my computer, so I'll have no internet until I get home. "See" you then! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag...

Hey, it's tomorrow!

OK, so I said that a post was coming tomorrow. Hey, it's "tomorrow"! So what that it's now tomorrow's tomorrow...and perhaps now I have you sufficiently confused that you won't care that I'm a day off when I said I was going to post. *vbg* So, let's see...longer and newsier. Well, longer won't be difficult; I think this post is already longer than Tuesday's. Newsier, on the other hand...when nothing much is going on, that one can be hard to accomplish! So if the events of my life start to sound boring or mundane, just remember this: it's a lot more fun to live it than to talk about it! I've almost got all my Christmas shopping done; now it's just a matter of finishing the making/putting together somehow of various and sundry items. Once I have a present for everyone in my immediate family actually in my possession, I'll wrap them and put them under the tree. I like being the first one to put gifts under the tree; but I like to...

Tuesday's Tidbit

OK, so I was about to shut down my computer and go to bed when I suddenly remembered--it's Tuesday! :D So, today's "tidbit" is going to be slightly unusual...here it is: Ernie Haase & Signature Sound (one of the greatest quartets of all time) are currently putting in 5 straight 12 hour days in the studio to produce *drum roll, please* a new Christmas CD, due for release in the early fall of this year. :D (That's great news, just in case anyone needed to be told that.) Here's the other part of this interesting tidbit: apparently when these guys spend that much time in the studio they get a little tired, bored, and kinda a lot crazy. :D Enjoy this video, posted by Ernie himself! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tga2_txJjtU&feature=channel_page And now I am off to bed...y'all have a blessed night! :D