Skip to main content

crazy good times

It has been a crazy good week. :)

Saturday started with Dad, Micah, and I going to a Silent Siege with other people from our church (more on that in another post). Then we met up with my sister who was coming into town for the weekend and she and I met up with a couple friends (her friend Jennifer, who runs an orphanage in Bolivia, and Jennifer's sister Heather). We had lunch and just hung out at a mall in Dallas for awhile. Then, we got back to Weatherford just in time for Amber to drop me off at a babysitting job; then she came and picked me up when I got done around 9:15 or so. So, my day started standing in the gap for unborn babies, and ended snuggling a precious little sleeping baby girl. :) oh, yeah...life is sweet!

Sunday when we got home from church, we ate lunch then all quickly changed clothes to go play volleyball at the park...in the rain. 'cause we're crazy like that.

Monday my sister left, but not before we played some two on two basketball in the *freezing cold* weather. Then, the boys and I made menus, I made a grocery list, and we went grocery shopping. Got home with just enough time to put groceries away and get ready to go because Josiah and I had to be at puppet practice early because we were taking team pictures. When you get 22 *peculiar* young people and their fantabulous director and a fun photographer together, do you know what you get?! An hour and a half of crazy, laughter filled picture taking! :) Puppets, pyramids (which, apparently, girls are w-a-y better at than boys) and poses of various kinds were actually fun. And then we got to practice! oh, yeah...that's what we were there to do in the first place...

Tuesday I babysat the happiest, sweetest, most adorable little 15 month old baby boy currently in my life. :) Then, Josiah and I were off to puppet practice again. Why?! You'll find out in a minute...

Wednesday I got to babysit again, then we had church. Our little 2 and 3 year olds are *soooooo* cute and precious! :) I know...I say that about all kids.

Thursday (today!) was actually a more "normal" sort of day...except that Josiah and I had to pack and go to puppet practice for our dress rehearsal. Because...

Friday and Saturday the Peculiar Party Ministry Team is going to Oklahoma to a puppet festival. And we're a featured performance team! :)
We leave about 11 am tomorrow and will be back sometime Saturday night. Our performance is actually Saturday afternoon; we'll be doing the "Love Show". We've been practicing all week because we have a lot of new members on the team (fall orientation added 6 new members) and so everything has been kinda juggled around and reassigned, etc. I'm really looking forward to this weekend! I mean, what could be more fun than dividing about 25 people (22 of which are between the ages of 12 and 23) between two big vans and driving 2 and a half hours to OK, then hanging out with those people for two days straight?! :) because we're crazy like that...

And then....
Sunday is the Thanksgiving dinner here at RFF, so at some point I'll be making pumpkin rolls and mashed potatoes to take to that (at least I picked easy things to make! :) ). AND, the PPMT is performing in church Sunday morning, too. (We're doing "Your Love is Extravagant" by Casting Crowns, which happens to be one of my favorite songs. :))

And Monday we have puppet practice, and we'll be drawing names for the team Christmas party in December. :) So maybe life will settle down after that?! yeah, right.

Comments

Annabanana said…
This is pretty cool! Youve got a crazy busy life girly my blog may not be as exciting as yours! lol Luv ya!
For His Glory said…
Your a busy lady!! I glad it's all going so well. I would love to know how we could get your puppet team here for a performance??
RejoicingComet said…
Annabanana--
Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Could you give me a link to yours so I can return the favor? :)

Anita--
Oh, that would be so cool! :) Of course, by the time it is all worked out we'll probably be moved and no longer on the team, but... :P You can go to http://www.peculiarparty.org/ for more info on the team and contact information for Fondee, our director. I'll also e-mail you tomorrow or the next day to give you the link, in case you don't check back here. ;) Y'all would LOVE the team, I know! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha