Skip to main content

Currently

Hello, blogworld!! Actually...I'm pretty sure my "blog audience" is mostly imaginary, since my last blog post has a whopping 1 page view. But, I am OK with that. Because I was reminded recently, as I typed out a "happy birthday" e-mail to a dear friend, how much I miss just putting thoughts into words via a keyboard. The sound of the keys and seeing the words appear and tweaking them to be just so...it's almost as inspiring as a blank sheet of paper and cool pens. So maybe I mostly blog for myself. 
Or maybe I'm just weird. :)

So I could try to go back and recount life up to this point, but the thought of that is overwhelming and a large part of why I haven't blogged so much in the last couple years. Therefore, I believe I will instead fill everyONE ;) in on my life ... currently.

Currently, I am sitting outside on our steps, enjoying some gorgeous 91 degree weather (for real, it's beautiful), a gentle breeze, birds chirping, the quiet company of my dog, and this lovely view:
(I'm not being sarcastic when I say lovely...if you don't agree, all I can say is: 1) the picture doesn't capture it and 2) it grows on you. :) )

Currently, my dad, Josiah and Jonathan are changing a tire on the Mercury. Which reminds me that Josiah now has his driver's license and I'm still adjusting to the fact that he can drive himself all over town. Without an adult. Oh, wait...he IS an adult. OK, still adjusting to that fact, too.

Currently, I'm soaking up every calm quiet home moment I can get because our summer is shifting into full gear, which means 8 crazy weeks of non-stop action for me between House of Faith, a church mission trip, House of Faith, my brother Caleb being home for his after-deployment visit (yay!), House of Faith, VBS (which I am NOT directing this year!) and House of Faith. Oh, did I mention House of Faith?!?!

Currently, I still love my job and all the chaotic beauty it adds to my life. I love that every day is different and there is no telling what any one day might hold. I love that we have the freedom and even the expectation to let the Holy Spirit take control of our moments and days, that we are people-oriented more than task-oriented, and that stopping to pray in our busiest moments is considered normal. I love being part of a team that works with excellence for excellence because we serve the Excellent One. I love working in an environment where no job is really thankless for long because everyone encourages and builds up those around them. I love that we are all about JESUS, knowing Him and making Him known. And...I am also thrilled with the fact that this summer, we actually have an "administrative intern", which means I get to share my work with a lovely young lady that is so far taking to all the paperwork/data entry like a duck to water and is going to help make this summer the best ever!! :)

Currently, my top four favorite songs are: 
Broken Hallelujah (by the Afters)
Glorious Unfolding (by Steven Curtis Chapman)
Fix My Eyes (by for King & Country)
King of My Heart (by Love & the Outcome)

Currently, I am constantly blown away by the reality of God's love--its height, depth, width and breadth; its reality; its presence in every detail of my life; the outrageous price Jesus paid to pour it out on me; the way Scripture continually speaks of it; the way the writers of Scripture obviously stood in awe of it; the way I am called to love like that.

Currently, I am  seriously missing my ridiculously adorable nieces and nephew, who were just here last week for a visit. Rachel seems to be finally figuring out the "Sister" thing, which thrills my heart to no end. Brooke, my oldest niece, nicknamed me "Sister" a couple years ago, and I hoped it would stick; there's been some confusion for Rachel, since she calls Brooke "Sissy"; but there is hope!! Raylan is just the most precious baby boy EVER (except Jesus, I guess); he doesn't say much except "hi", "no", and "yeah!", which he exclaims with great excitement every time he gives a high-five. It was rumored that he also says "Mommy" and "Daddy", but I never heard those words from him. All in all, they are sooooo darling and have completely captured my heart. Of course.

And last...currently, I need to finish this up and go inside and finish the game of "Dots" I was playing with my Daddy. And then I need to go to bed early. Because tomorrow starts another super busy week!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha