Skip to main content

birthday

Wow...it's been over 2 months since I blogged?! Inconceivable! Or maybe it's just inexcuseable... *shrug* Anyway, I'll try to do better! :)

Soo...life has been crazy, and I have about 2 weeks reprieve before it gets even crazier. Hopefully sometime in the next 2 weeks, I'll blog about what has been and will be so crazy! But today, I'm going to blog about-- my birthday. :)

I turned 24 on Sunday, May 16. It just seems strange to be "so old"; like I should be mature and grown-up or something. But I'm still just me...trying to be like Jesus...and having a lot of fun along the way! :)

I got some *really cool* stuff for my birthday, and of course I wanted to show it all to all of you! (maybe the imaginary "you"s that I think are reading my blog...? :) )

Puppets! :)

The dog came with the name Scruffers, which is almost as cute as he is, but since I kinda want to be able to use him as a vent (ventriloquism) puppet, that name doesn't work ("f"s become "th"s in "vent talk"). So I need to come up with a really cute name...any ideas?

The monkey was named within 5 minutes...by a sibling (my sister, I believe). His name? Ludi. Ludi Cris. ;) And it looks like he'll end up with a Texas twang in his voice. 'Cause he's just cute that way! :)

Books! :)

No birthday (or other gift-giving occasion) could possibly be complete without books. :) I had asked for Eric and Leslie Ludy books, and I got the two that were first on my list: Wrestling Prayer and When Dreams Come True. I've read When Dreams Come True already...I stayed up *all night* Sunday night reading it. It's awesome, and I plan to write a review and get it posted soon. Now I'm reading Wrestling Prayer, and it is just as awesome, but although it's interesting enough to stay up all night and read it, it's so deep, I don't think that would be a wise idea. :)

iTunes giftcard! :)
Ah, yes, music...the other thing that makes a gift-giving occasion complete! :) I love music, and fairly recently "discovered" what a wonderful thing iTunes is...so these are my current favorite kind of giftcard! :) Now I just have to carefully select the 9 or 10 songs off my list of "want-to-get"s that I'll purchase with this card... ;)
Purple drawers! :)
There had to be something purple in this stack, right? :) Since Amber and I don't have room for a dresser in our bedroom (because of all our other stuff...) we both have those cloth "drawers" up on our closet shelf that we use for clothes that don't hang up. I couldn't find purple ones when I bought mine, so I did have navy and white striped ones. My mom found these, though, so my little brothers gave them to me for my birthday. :) Sweet!
Little notepads! :)
I'm looking at this stuff and thinking: people know me. Maybe a little too well? Yet another thing that makes gift-giving occasions complete! :) There always has to be something to write on (or with) in some way! :) These are incredibly cute, too...
and last--but absolute NOT least!--a camera!! :)
Which, of course, I used to take all the other pictures. :) I'm so happy; I now have my very own digital camera so I don't have to ask someone else if I can use theirs. This will be especially useful later this year--but more on that later. :) This camera is the perfect size for taking everywhere with me and it takes great, awesome pictures...I'm still exploring all the different stuff on it and I love it more all the time! :)
So...that's my birthday! Something cuddly...something to read...something to listen to...something purple...something to write on...and something I have really wanted...oh, and did I mention the *67* Facebook birthday greetings from friends and family that totally made my day?! ;) I'm so loved and SO incredibly blessed! Thanks to all who helped make my day so wonderful! I love you! :)

Comments

hey I was just blog-hopping hope you don't mind.. =)

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Have a blessed day!! =)

Greetings from your brother in Christ from Malaysia!
RejoicingComet said…
Thanks for the comment, Rian! (or do you go by Josua?) Of course I don't mind! :)

And thank you for the birthday wish, too!

God bless!
For His Glory said…
Happy Birthday!!!!!
The kids have all sorts of names for your dog- bruno, harry, vanilla, dorito, They must be hungry hehe!
Have a great day!
Thanks for the comment in my blog Haley!

Oh yeah, I prefer Josua. My family and friends usually call me that!

BTW, Nice gifts you got there!hehe. The camera is gorgeous.

God Bless! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha