Skip to main content

Life...

Life has been crazy. Busy. Slightly out of control. And I love it. :)

It's hard to believe it's already the end of May! This year is nearly half over...unbelieveable! I've already dubbed this "the year outside my comfort zone." :) The first couple of months were spent actually looking for a job, which I've actually never done before. It's never really mattered, but this year is different because in October I'm going to Bolivia with Amber (another thing outside my comfort zone...) and that takes money. Which means I needed to work. :) Just when I was starting to get really frustrated and really struggling with trusting God to work everything out...He worked everything out better than I could have dreamed! :) I "nannied" for 5 weeks...which, despite my extensive babysitting experience, was still slightly different from anything I've done before--babysitting Monday through Friday, 8-5--I loved it! And I totally miss those kiddos (they were a military family, and they've moved now). There is also the fact that I actually interviewed for the job, which was ALSO something I've never done! (yes, you read right: I was 23 years old and had worked for many people before I ever interviewed for a job. :) ) It was exciting! :)

Just a few days after my interview for the nanny job, I also interviewed for a summer job/ministry opportunity with House of Faith. HOF is a local ministry that works with kids here in San Angelo, especially the "under privileged" kids from the barrio. And so, for yet another new thing outside my comfort zone, I will be spending June and July working with them! I am SO excited about it; the internship starts day after tomorrow and I can't wait! We will be planning and preparing for various camps that HOF does, and then we (the summer interns) will be counselors at the camps. Since I've never even attended "church camps" like this, I am way out of my comfort zone there! But I know it's going to be great because it's where God wants me. So I'm totally excited. :)

So...it's been a crazy, amazing 5 months. And it's going to get even better and even crazier! I think it is absolutely awesome the way God is providing what I need to minister in Bolivia by giving me the chance to "work" and minister here at the same time! Have I mentioned that I'm excited?! :)

Speaking of my crazy summer...I have a question for everyone: should I "video blog" all the adventures I'm anticipating over the next 8 weeks?! I'll try to post a poll so people can vote...I think it would be fun, I'm just not sure anyone would want to watch it! :)

And, after the summer is over, I'll be babysitting for a military family from church. The mom is deploying to Iraq, and the dad will be homeschooling their two adorable little ones, so I'll get to babysit and homeschool for them a couple of days a week. That will also be fun...and again, just a step outside my comfort zone! I was homeschooled, of course, and fully intend to homeschool my own (someday) children, and I've helped with my brothers' school. But it will be a different experience to homeschool someone else's children! But I'm looking forward to it...and these are kids I've babysat before (when we lived in San Angelo last time) so of course I'm already in love with them! So I'm also excited about that. :)

The moral of the story is: I am crazy busy. Life is full. God is good--and when He is arranging my life, it is EXCITING! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha