Skip to main content

The Game of Life

Last week, while Amber and Caleb were here, we played a game of Life (Jonathan's favorite game--hence the reason we were playing it). About halfway through, somebody landed on a "Spin to Win" space. If you haven't played the newer version of the game, the "Spin to Win" space is where everybody gets to pick a number and bet some money; the person who landed on the space spins the wheel, and if it lands on your number you get 10 times the amount of money you bet (it's all pretend, we don't really gamble, so don't get all judgmental on us! :D). Well, Amber had a "share the wealth" card that let her pick four numbers. She bet $100,000...and won! (actually, she might have bet more...I can't remember, but I'm sure if I'm wrong, she'll post a comment and set it all straight :D). Later she won another Spin to Win, and ended up with $4,000,000 (yep, that's four million) in the bank. Well, the next time somebody (me) landed on a Spin to Win, she could only place one number, and she decided to bet $1,000,000...just for kicks. She figured she didn't really have anything to lose, right? She WON again!!! Do the math...she now had $14,000,000 (fourteen million) in the bank! Well, we kept playing until it was time to eat, but we all knew she'd won at that point. In fact, she's the only one who even bothered counting up her money, property, etc. There's a picture of her below gloating in her newfound wealth (not really, she was putting the game up when the picture was taken...but hey, it sounded better the other way). There's also a picture of her total value--we wrote it down for posterity. Personally I think it's got to be a record or something...have you ever heard of someone winning that much in a game of Life?! Anyway, enjoy the pictures! There's more below the Life ones...



Jonathan does not like lettuce...but he was so hungry, and we wouldn't let him snitch anymore of the grilled chicken that was for supper, so he started snacking on lettuce!! :D I had to get a picture to capture the never-going-to-happen-again moment.

One last bit of news and then I need to go to bed...
I've got a babysitting job, watching these cute little guys! I actually babysat for the Sears when we all lived in Midland, but they moved to the metroplex in July and at the time we didn't know we were moving to Weatherford/Springtown. When Angie found out I was "only" going to be 76 miles away, she started "scheming" (her word, not mine!) a way for me to keep babysitting for them. She got it all figured out, and I'm thrilled! I've missed Noah and Reilly (who is walking now!), and besides, now I don't have to look for a job. The jobs God drops in my lap are always my favorite. *very big grin* Anyway, so that's where I'm going to be for tomorrow and Wednesday--very busy and very happy. Not that I'm not busy and happy at home, of course! :D

God bless y'all richly with His grace and JOY! :D

Comments

For His Glory said…
Im so happy it worked out for you to be close to the family you knew to babysit. I know if you were closer to us I would be scheming too.

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha