Skip to main content

Concert pictures!

Hey, y'all! :D Mom sent me the pictures today, so here they are! Thanks so much, Momma--you're the best! :D First, some of the pictures from during the concert:
This picture on the left is David Phelps singing "End of the Beginning"

and here is the Gaither Vocal Band singing

Gaither Vocal Band and Ernie Haase & Signature Sound sing "Give It Away"


After the concert, I met Marsh and Wes from the Gaither Vocal Band (for the first time!) and got my picture taken with them; they had a crowd around them, so I didn't get to say anymore than "hi, y'all were good, it was so good to see you" (or something lame like that)...I always blank out when I meet "famous" people, I can't think of anything to say. :P Oh, and Marsh asked what my name was, so I also said, "I'm Haley." :D
Later I came back to them to get them to sign the picture I bought of the GVB reunion taping, and as Wes signed it he said, "Man, I have on the same clothes tonight as in this picture! That's embarrassing!" LOL! I hadn't even noticed, and I thought it funny that he would say something like that; I thought it was just girls that worried about things like that, but apparently not! Somebody else standing there who heard him said, "Yeah, don't you have any other clothes?!" and Wes said, "Well, I haven't worn this suit in a while, it just happens to be the same one!" :D
L-R: Marshall Hall (baritone), me, Wes Hampton (tenor)



When we got to the Signature Sound table, Ernie was at one end and the other three guys were all together at the other end. So, I went down to get my picture taken with the three first. I told them I was on the Signature Sound message board and they seemed excited, and Doug asked me what my name was as we were getting "posed" for a picture. Here's my picture with the three of them:

L-R: me, Doug Anderson (baritone), Tim Duncan (bass), Ryan Seaton (lead)

I asked Ryan if there was a story behind that bright green squiggle on his suit jacket, and he turned so we could see the whole thing. I didn't get a picture of it, sorry! There's like a picture of a city on it, so we decided the "squiggle" is the "bright green road" (instead of the "yellow brick road") leading to the Celestial City (mixing up our stories a bit, I know!). :D He's the only one I really got to talk to, though...and I didn't get to meet David (Signature Sound's soundman, who everyone says is so much fun and a great guy to meet). *sniff* Oh, well, one of these days!


After I got my picture with the three of them, we headed down to the other end of the table to catch Ernie, but by the time we got over there, he'd moved and was standing with the other three! He was really busy that night; Doug or one of the other guys would get his attention, he would step in for a picture of all four of them with somebody, then go back to whatever he was doing until they called his name again. *craziness* So, I got over there to get a picture with all four of them, and Doug saw me and said, "Get on in here, Haley!" Wow, that made my night! :D Everybody on the EHSS message board talks about Doug's great memory and how he remembers names and faces (even from concert to concert), but it was my first personal encounter with it. Anyway...here's the picture of me with all four of "the guys" from Signature Sound:

L-R: Tim, me, Ernie Haase (tenor), Doug, Ryan

By the way, notice how the guys' hair is "normal" (not really spiked) and their ties are a "normal" length (instead of short)?! We didn't realize that until afterward, so we couldn't ask them what was up with the "normal" look... :D *shrug*

I also got to meet Kevin and Rory--they are so much fun! And very personable and easy to talk to, and that is really saying something coming from shy little ol' me. Mom has a big, nice camera with a great zoom, but Rory told her she would need a bigger camera to take a picture of him and Kev--she needed to zoom in real close, close enough to see his pores. :P I said that I didn't want to be able to see my pores, though, and Kevin agreed! :D We took one picture with both of them just smiling:

L-R: Kevin Williams (guitarist), me, Rory Rigdon (GVB soundman)--The Dynamic Duo! :D


Then my mom said we had to get one with "the Rory face"--that cracked Kevin up! Throughout the concert, everytime the big screens showed Rory he was doing this great deadpan; that's what Mom was calling "the Rory face". So, Rory did his hilarious serious face--after he got himself "mentally prepared". :D You can tell that Kevin and I are laughing...

You already know these guys! :D


The last person I got to meet and get a picture with was David Phelps; he's so great! I'm glad I got to meet him, even though it was at the price of not meeting Guy. :D

L-R: David Phelps, me
(see, Hannah, he is tall! :D Almost as tall as Ryan and Guy...)


Well, that's all I've got for tonight! :D Y'all have a blessed weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha