Skip to main content

Totally Random!

Hey, y'all!
OK, so honestly I'm just posting for two simple, kind of crazy reasons:
  1. I've been bitten by the "blog bug" :D
  2. I needed the "posts" section of my blog to be at least as long as the sidebar items over to the right. :D

But, as long as I'm posting I'll try to come up with something interesting or something. Or perhaps a series of random things...yes, that's what I'll do!

Random thing #1:
Over to the right, under the "about me" bit, you'll notice a "subscribe via e-mail" section. If you subscribe to my blog via e-mail, you'll receive an e-mail every time I post something new. Not just a notification e-mail, either, but it will actually e-mail you the new post. Pretty cool, huh? I'm loving all the cool stuff I can do with Blogger (and FeedBurner, which is who does the e-mail thing) that I couldn't do with my "code it all yourself" blog! :D

Random thing #2:
I am sitting here, in my purple pajamas, drinking chocolate milk out of my purple cup, listening to an absolutely awesome CD: Dream On by Ernie Haase and Signature Sound. The guys have really outdone themselves with this recording! I have some friends and family who haven't gotten to see the DVD or hear the CD yet, so I won't say anything that will spoil it, but I would like to say that in my opinion, it's their best project yet, and it is filled with great encouragement through amazing songs and singing (as usual!). I can't convince my family to watch it as often as I want to, 'cause the boys like "Get Away Jordan" better--more energy, fast songs, and jumping around, I guess. :D

Random thing #3:
Tomorrow Dad and I are driving up to Tulia, Tx (about halfway between Lubbock and Amarillo, for those of you who aren't from the Panhandle! :D) to drop in on my grandmother for an hour or two. We're going to borrow my grandfather's pick-up so we can pull a trailer load of stuff along when we go to Weatherford this weekend. Poppa's truck is a red, Chevy Silverado...it's a sweet truck! I'm hoping to convince my dad to let me drive it back here tomorrow. I really want to drive that truck, but not once it has a trailer attached to it! My dream car is a Chevy Silverado or Colorado--both are trucks. My family laughs every time I say something about it; for some reason, they don't picture me in a truck. *shrug* What can I say, I was born in Texas! :D

Random thing #4:
My sister said something about the picture I have at the top, and I realized that I didn't explain what that was! It's a picture Momma took a few years ago of the fountain in the middle of the lake at Waterloo Park in Denison, Tx. Just in case anyone cares! :D

Random thing #5:
Jonathan and Micah's birthdays are coming up. Jonathan will be 9 on the 1st and Micah will be 16 on the 9th. Now THAT is scary! Don't worry though, he won't be driving yet. :D We're headed to Weatherford this weekend to celebrate both birthdays with Mom. In a couple weeks we'll be moving over there completely; time flies!!

Random thing #6:
Speaking of time, it changes this weekend! We're "falling back" an hour. So I'll finish with this random question (fitting end to a random post of random things, right? :D): what will you do with your extra hour? Or, if you could do absolutely anything you wanted with the extra hour, what would it be?

May God bless you all richly with His grace and JOY!

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmnn....well since the time change has now come and gone....I guess I went to the pancake breakfast at nana's church with my extra hour. I wouldn't have woken up in time if it hadn't been for the change.

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & "the good Christian single"

 Yep. Buckle up, we're going there. This post might get a little uncomfortable, but it's a topic that can't exactly be ignored! And, as I said at the beginning of this little "series" earlier this year, "my goal is to be uncomfortably honest, vulnerable, real, raw." Besides, the world is talking about sex all the time , and if we as Jesus-followers don't talk about it from a Jesus-perspective, the world is going to shape the views and opinions of sex for an entire generation. Or two. Or more.  Let's start with some basic statements just for the sake of clarity: 1. Sex is God's idea, and it is good.  All through the Bible, from Adam & Eve being "naked & unashamed" in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2), to the graphic love poetry of Song of Solomon, to Paul exhorting husbands and wives to freely share their bodies with one another in 1 Corinthians 7, the Bible paints a picture of sex within marriage being good, beautiful, encourag

Six Flags!

Some would no doubt consider it a strange "Sabbath kick-off", but for me a trip to Six Flags Over Texas (in Arlington) was just the ticket! Between my love of roller coasters, the nostalgia this place holds, and the healthy benefits of fresh air and sunshine, it was fantastic. Oh, and the company was pretty great, too. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have my "OG Six Flags fam" along--aka, my family and the Vests, of course! Six Flags has always been about facing and overcoming fear for me. I was a very fearful/timid child, and as an adult looking back I think one of the best things my parents did for my little anxious self was take me to ride roller coasters!! (I would insert the "tears of joy" emoji here if I could!) I was coaxed and cajoled on to rides I was hesitant about, but never forced to ride anything--though I waited in every line with them and I was not allowed to complain. Every year, there were rides where

oh, look! it's a blog!

I really thought I was going to do better at blogging this month. Ha! I have a post in my drafts section that I started two weeks ago, but there it sits. It's going to require more time and thought to finish than I have at this moment, so it will have to wait. However, it IS going to get finished and posted at some point! :) Today, for most of the day it's just Jonathan and I here at home. Weird, huh? Daddy, Micah, and Josiah are at a men's retreat/camp-out with the church, and Momma had to work today. So, Jonathan and I are hanging out (read: cleaning house and putting the new sheets on the beds and icing cupcakes :) ). This evening, there is a "praise for pro-life" thing at a church here in Springtown that we're planning to go to. It's a fundraiser for a pregnancy center. (October 24, 6 pm, Outreach of Love church on Hwy 199 in Springtown, admission is a baby bottle full of change...just in case anyone wanted to know!) Tomorrow after church, we're ha